(LifeWire) - Company Information
Silversea is an Italian-owned luxury line with five ships. The line's newest ship, The Prince Albert II, is Silversea's first expedition vessel, capable to traveling to the poles and other distant destinations. All accommodations are suites, and 75% of them have private verandas large enough for a table and chairs. Silversea ships make more than 125 voyages per year and visit over 300 ports.
Silversea has smaller ships than typical mass-market cruise lines, which gives passengers the chance to visit a greater number of ports. Despite their size, Silversea's vessels have the amenities and entertainment options of larger ships. Silversea is known for attentive, friendly service that is less formal than other cruise lines.
North, Central and South America, as well as Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica
Cruise Participant Demographics
This information is not available from Silversea, but according to other sources, Silversea cruisers are generally well-heeled, well-traveled and over age 55.
Single Traveler Information
Single travelers must pay a supplement of 200% above the double-occupancy rate. Silversea runs many promotions advertising a lower single supplement on select cruises.
Cost varies by cruise length and destination. Prices range from $3,700 for a seven-day Los Angeles to Mexico cruise to $76,600 for the 92-day Pacific Voyage, which cruises through the South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Duration ranges from seven days to 92 days.
- Readers of Conde Nast Traveler have voted Silversea the "World's Best Cruise Line" nine times.
- Silversea ships have the highest space-to-guest ratio of any cruise line.
- Open-seating dining.
- Luxurious touches include marble bathrooms, Christofle silver, fine wine and butler service for guests staying in Owner's Grand or Royal Suite accommodations.
- Silversea cruises are all-inclusive, which means that all port charges, gratuities and beverages are included in the cruise fare.
- Silversea ships have a doctor and nurses on call at all times.
- The line's Personalized Voyages allow passengers to choose the length of their voyage and the ports they wish to visit.
- Silversea is known for unique, high-end shore excursions, such as a private dinner at an Italian villa or a guided shopping tour with high tea in Hong Kong.
- Silversea Enrichment Voyages offer specialized cruises focusing on wine, gourmet cooking, active adventure or history. The Silver Links program, available on the Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper ships, combines on-board golf lessons and clinics with visits to world-class courses.
110 East Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 33301