Vacation Planning Tips for Seniors and Baby Boomers
By Nancy Parode
Where to Go
Sometimes the hardest part of planning a trip is choosing your destination. Do you want to stay close to home or travel to another continent? Should you plan a romantic getaway or adventurous excursion? We'll help you narrow down your choices.
How to Get There
Once you've decide where to go, you'll need to figure out the best way to get there. Should you drive? Fly? Cruise? Perhaps traveling by train or bus would be more relaxing. Find out about transportation options and select the one that's best for you.
- How to Get There
- Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- Finding Your Best Rental Car Deal
- Do You Need Collision Damage Waiver Coverage?
- Driving Overseas
- Bus and Motorcoach Travel 101
- Long-Distance Bus Travel in the U.S. and Canada
- Train Travel 101
- Train Travel Tips
- Use Budget Airlines to Save on European Travel Costs
- What is a Contract of Carriage?
Where to Stay
Resort or motel? Vacation cottage or romantic inn? It's not always easy to decide where to stay. You have many options to choose from; let us help you find a great place to stay.
- How to Rent a Vacation Cottage
- Youth Hostels for Mature Travelers
- How to Find Pet-Friendly Accommodations
Travel Documents and Money
Paperwork, paperwork. It's an important part of travel planning. If you're going overseas, you'll need passports and perhaps a visa or two. Learn about travel insurance and international driving permits and decide how you'll pay your expenses along the way.
- Get Your Passport
- U.S. Passport Cards
- US Passport Renewal Dates
- Do You Need an International Driving Permit?
- Travel Insurance 101
- Travel Insurance Glossary and Definitions
- Money Belts and More
- Which Travel Money Should You Use?
- Will Your Debit Card Work Overseas?
What to Pack
In today's limited-luggage era, packing can be a real challenge. By the time you choose your "must-have" items, there's little space for anything else. Let us help you narrow down your packing list. After all, you need to save room for souvenirs!
- Top 10 Travel Essentials
- What Should I Take on My Trip?
- Space-Saving Packing Tips
- Beat the Airlines' Checked Baggage Fees